The Chinese word 狗 is analysed below into its constituent words and the words into radicals. By seeing the breakdown of the word in this way you can more easily learn and recognise the word.
2. (offensive) despicable; nasty
狗男女 - couple in an illicit love affair
3. to flatter
狗 ⇨ 犭 + 句
1. usage. 犬 is the 94th radical in the Chinese dictionary. Compound characters such as 狇 mostly use the alternative form at the left of the character. Most represent something to do with dogs or other animals.
2. (archaic, Min Dong, dialectal Wu) dog
1. sentence; phrase
他一共也沒說幾句話。 - He didn't say much. lit. He didn't many sentences.
句 ⇨ 勹 + 口
1. usage. Shuōwén Jiězì radical №22
2. usage. This character (口) is used within characters; if a square is instead used as an enclosure (around) a character, then the character 囗 is used instead.